Food, booze and more booze. This was the case for London’s Taste of London this year. Highly excited about this event since eating my fatty guts out at the Taste of Auckland the last few years, I must say I was a tad disappointed.
- Barbecoa: Smoked and Fried Wings – Tasty dish, but in my mind I thought they may have been crispy hence being fried. Cooked well, not sure the white bbq sauce flavour was that strong, but the cashews gave the dish a nice amount of texture.
- Duck and Waffle: Duck and Waffle – sampling “THE” dish. The waffle was deliciously fluffy and the duck and egg was cooked well. I dont think the dish was amazing and for 12crowns — eek but I am willing to give it a 2nd chance at the restaurant itself and hope the quality and flavours are more accurate.
- L’Autre Pied: Cornish Crab – Very light and refreshing dish! Well balanced and definitely has made me want to eat at the restaurant.
- Spice Market: Crispy Soft Shell Crab – I can’t get enough of soft shell crab – who can’t?! The slaw was rather sad looking though and the proportion of filling to the large bun was completely wrong. Great conception, just needs a few tweaks.
- Shake Shack: Malted Marshmallow Dessert – So delish. The peanut butter was subtle and not too overwhelming and the choc covered pretzels just made this dish!